BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Its A New Day

First Year in college:
Learnings:

After 1 year of detailed research on Delhi's culture and survival techniques there, I some how got thru in an engineering college which I guessed was built for loosers like me and the most humiliating thing was it was few kms away from an IIT. And 1st time I came to kno that IITians are weirdos and in terms of a traffic constable who somehow read my face : "educated fools". So everytime my relatives asked from where I am pursuing BTech and I always clarified that its not an IIT but a few kms away from it. They also ran a few kms away from me. Within 1 month of my engineering I quickly realized that even this world is not for me. I saw the motive behind this technical education a) Make ur black money white, b) Make more money out of that.
Soon I started cribbing like a college guy. We don't want these stupid subjects, we are not made for this, we want some meaningful, system is corrupt blah blah blah. But I learned following things:
1. Vice Chairmans are puppets,not humans.
2. There are cowards in military(Our registrar was a Colonel.)
3. Their wives are hot.
4. There are many millionaires in India.
5. Even do have swimming pools in their homes.
6. You need a cellphone to survive your college life. And also your love life.

Friends:

Room partner: Pankaj was somehow like me except that he was smart, well built like John Abraham, 5'11" and wearing Jeans since his childhood and his name was not "Chandru". But somehow we instantly became friends. He has a whole range of hobbies and I didn't and so I quickly learned abt cars,bikes,computers and of course hot chicks. He was happy to expand his knowledge and I was happy to grasp it just in case to be a cool guy.

Hero of the lobby: Vikram, he was a rich spoilt kid who got everything in his life. Even for this engineering seat he had not written any exams. His father wrote a letter and he was in. He has all cool gadgets that we can expect even a camera mobile. Strangely built, monkey faced and blabbering about his wealth all times and has 7 underwears for all the 7 days. But he was useful.

Nuisance of the lobby: Sharma brothers. Twins. Since their birth they have shared everything. Waiting for their marriage nowadays. Rumours were they have looted a shop once after watching "Bade Miyan Chote Miyan".

Common room of lobby: Chandru/Pankaj's room. Its our room.

The manipulator: Chandrachur singh(Chandru 2). Short,black with a belly like a baby elephant. He was the one who drove everthing/everyone in lobby. Our room as common room was his idea which was later confirmed by Vikram and hence everyone. He gave everyone names, no one dared to gave him one.

The singer: Ashish Tandon. The only normal healthy boy after Pankaj but with a strange voice which was misfit on his face. He looked like a cobbler. His songs were famous in our common room.

So from 1st year since last year of my college life, these were my best friends and worst enemies too.

Name: The Canteen Boy

I also became famous as there was 1 canteen boy named Chandru and the dear friends of mine use to shout the name in canteen during dinner time. I instantly became the canteen boy. Noone objected, not even I.

Second year in college: More was yet to come

If first year was fantastic in terms of humiliation, second year was stupendous. I soon realized that I am in wrong place at wrong time. For the first time in my life I did not care about studies and later I did not care about anything, not even about myself. My grades lowered. I went home for a few times and came to know that now I really dont feel anything.

Third year in college: Happiness

Third year was going as its usual pace. I was having my time of life. But then in the end of 3rd year I met Ambikaa. She never told me what those last "aa" stand for. She was better in every respect but still she liked me and after a long time I realized I was not happy for a long time. The thing with life is you don't know what you are missing unless it comes to you and leaves again.

0 comments: