BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Ambikaa

I have never understood the thing between winters and love. So it was winters of 2003, I was lying on my hostel bed thinking of how to clean my messed up room. I got a call with a threat which I immediately realized is for my friend whose room was in front of mine. Although the mobile was mine but it was worst than a public telephone booth. I was a message boy for my lobby friends and if it's a threat from a girl then ofcourse it was Saket from front door. As usual I thanked Saket as it stopped me from cleaning the room and gave him the phone after scolding him and immediately started playing Max Payne third time on his PC. This was a completely normal thing for both of us. Next step would have been he'll explaing something to the girl and the girl will say "Okay I understand. Love you." But this girl was different. She also scolded her because when she hung up I can see that on Saket's face. I enjoyed that. The story would have ended there but the girl was sensible too. She has the sense to apologise for her mistake for unknowingly scolding me. And since I did not react that much so she felt I am a nice guy. So the thing started, from casual meaningful talks to long "faltoo" once. We hanged out a lot and slowly and steadily I was getting use to her. She was a smart girl and foolish boys always fell for smart girls. She knew what she wants and how? 1 thing I never understood was why she liked my company? I was just Chandru whose voice sounds like a 'chaiwala'.Anyways she made herself a part of my life. After a long time Chandru can feel air in his lungs and wrinkles of smiles on his face. The whole world was seem to be on my side. I was happy. For the first time I like being called Chandru. Although we were still friends but I was already feeling something which I thought was love. And the D-day came. It was again winter. Wait a minute what is with winter and my love life. Am I a seasonal animal/beast? Anyways, after much pumping from my friends, I decided this will be the day when I'll no more be a shy village boy but a man in love. The smile on her face, look in her eyes made me more determined. And...
Ambika : Hi....
Chandru : (A different kind of smile where all your teeth are visible. No it was not a laugh.)
I started getting nervous.
Ambika : So this is your last year in college.
Chandru : I guess so.(My fate... I knew where it was going.)
Ambika : So since there is only 4 months left, what have you thot of.
Chandru : Of what?(Of course she is thinking of a relation with a commitment wise guy.)
Ambika : About your career. How are going to proceed? What have you thot abt that?
Chandru : Hmmm... I m thinking. Lets go to cafe.
Ambika : Ok. I've to return these books to library. Will go from there. What? You look tense? And y r u dressed up properly today?
Chandru : Nothing. I was just thinking about career. And hey!!! thanx for ur concern. So what are your career plans then?
Ambika : Well I've thot of...(She knows as usual what she has to do. I love this girl.)

That was the end of my love story. I again proved I am a looser.

0 comments: